International Students, grades 7-11 who are prepared to mainstream into regular classes, are welcome to apply for admission to Valley Christian Schools. This opportunity allows students to study and acquire an American education taught through a Biblical Worldview. Valley Christian High School offers college preparatory academics, including AP courses and a well-rounded approach to education including sports, arts and music. Valley Christian Schools issues I-20 status to students who meet all our general admissions requirements and who will be living with a Christian HomeStay family during their stay.
We have had students attend Valley Christian Schools from South Korea, China, Taiwan, Egypt, Germany, Lithuania, Norway, India, Vietnam, and Philippines.
1. Submit $500 Application Fee
2. Complete the above application before March 31, 2017
3. An in-person or skype interview will be set up with the Admissions Team
4. If accepted, an acceptance letter and admissions forms will be sent to you compete and return with full tuition before the I-20 is issued
5. New International Students to VCS must attend WAnet's Summer English Institute beginning on July 14, 2017. The reduced price of the program for VCS students will be included in the tuition price.
What scores does Valley Christian require for English proficiency? Our program does NOT include an ESL component so all international students are mainstreamed. International Students applying to VCS are required to submit scores from either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or iTEP in addition to the other materials gathered in the admission process. SLEP is no longer an accepted entrance exam. We require a minimum 70 for TOEFL, 750 for TOEFL Jr., and 4.0 for iTEP, though these tests are only a partial indicator of a student's ability to excel as VCS. Transcripts, personal essays, teacher recommendations and an in-person or skype interview are also a part of the application.
VCS now offers to administer the iTEP SLATE exam. Please call Angela Garris for an appointment. For other testing locations check their website at www.itepexam.com.
If you have questions please contact Angela Garris; International Student Program Coordinator
For information about being a HomeStay family for Valley Christian Schools, contact Helen Yu, HomeStay Coordinator